Choosing the right home inspector can be difficult. My company's philosophy is very simple... we provide objective, honest and professional evaluations of property conditions to help homebuyers make informed decisions. We have the highest regard for our clients and I respect the fact that they rely on me to assist them during the home buying process.
Buying a home is often the largest investment you make, both financially and emotionally. I believe the decision to make that investment should be based on solid, factual information provided by a certified Home Inspector (fha, va approved). I have over 17 years of home inspection, custom home building and remodeling experience.
Our home inspections evaluate:
* Site: Land grading, drainage, driveways, walkways, porches, decks, retaining walls, parking structures, and evidence of abandoned oil tanks
* Foundation: Cracks, settlement, deterioration, moisture influx, and piers
* Exterior: Siding, trim, entry doors, garage doors, windows, and chimneys
* Structure: Framing of sub-floors, stairs, walls, ceilings, and roofs
* Roofing: Roof coverings, flashings, skylights, gutters, downspouts, eaves, and soffits
* Plumbing: Water pressure, piping, fixtures, faucets, drains, vents, and water heaters
* Electrical: Service conductors, main and sub-panels, breakers and fuses, grounding, switches, receptacles, fixtures, fans, smoke detectors, GFI function, etc
* Heating: Furnace or boiler, ducts, radiators, registers, woodstoves, and central air conditioning
* Insulation: Attic, ceiling, wall and floor insulation, and vapor barriers
* Ventilation: Attic, crawlspace, kitchen, bath and laundry ventilation
* Interior: Walls, floors, ceilings, doors, woodwork, cabinets, bathroom finish, fireplaces, etc
* Built-In Appliances: Ranges, ovens, microwaves, disposals, dishwashers, and trash compactors
* Pest & Dry Rot: Inspection for termites, carpenter ants, beetles, wood rot, and rodent infestation
* Carbon Monoxide: Measurement of furnace, water heater, and range output
Home buyers rarely meet the home inspector they choose until after he or she is hired. I recognize the kind of trust you must place in me and my work ethic. Therefore, I will inspect your prospective home as if I were buying it myself.
Tom Island, inspector/owner